Don't miss our Annual General Meeting. We have many things to share, to celebrate and to plan for. Doors open at 1. Come early to visit, browse our library or our "books for sale by donation" table, check out the "2022 highlights" slideshow and/or shop from our Sales & Crafts table including our annual raffle.
If you are a walker or a cyclist or just an interested member, bring your phone or tablet and check in with Elizabeth M before the meeting. She will help you get "What's App" loaded so you can be part of our new 21st century communication system!
We appreciate you taking a moment to RSVP when you can. It helps us do a better job of planning. Also, please bring your own refreshment if you want one.
The agenda follows, as well as a list of things you will have the opportunity to sign up for at the meeting, just in case you'd like to ponder the possibilities. If you are unable to attend but would like to sign up for one of these things, just indicate that in your reply.
1. Slideshow with highlights from 2022 playing from 1 – 1:30; Sales & Crafts selling tickets for their annual raffle to be drawn at this meeting ($2 per ticket or 3 / $5)
2. Welcome (Bonnie) and Territorial Acknowledgement (Lisbie)
3. Introduction of New Members
4. Approval of minutes of October 15 General Meeting
5. Additions to the Agenda
6. Coordinator’s Report (Bonnie)
7. Treasurer’s Year End Report (Sandra)
8. Membership Report (Elizabeth)
9. Elections (Bonnie)
10. Old Business
· Social Events (Laurie)
11. Year End Highlights from Working Groups (year end reports sent with agenda)
12. Tribute to Sylvia MacMahon (Dale)
13. GRL Report (Dale)
14. Educational Moment – Regional Gathering cycling proposal, VG4A Plus Minus Interesting (PMI) + Ideas sharing re Regional Gathering and volunteers for table talk facilitation
15. New Business
· Double Your Money (Barbara)
· Junk in the Trunk April 22nd (Carol)
· Update on New Horizons grant application (Laurie and Lisbie)
· African Dinner (Laurie)
· Sign-up opportunities for the coming months (Laurie)
· Meeting schedule for 2023 – General Meetings are April 15, June 3, Oct. 14, Dec. 9 (social) and Feb. 10. Summer social sometime in August.
Sign up for:
· VanGogos’ Trivia Event on Feb. 25 3pm on Zoom
· Earth Day “Junk in the Trunk” fundraiser planning group
· Card-making workshops February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18, June 15
· Helping with territorial acknowledgements for GMs
· African Dinner for 2024 planning group
· Becoming part of a new group that looks locally or globally for African connections to help us all learn more about Africa and the challenges of the women who live there
· Biking to and/or from Nanoose Bay May 4th – 7th to attend the May 6th Regional Grandmothers Gathering
· Film Club
· Weekly Golf Group – Beginner+
· Summer Golf Tournament
· Scrabble Online Tournament Feb - Mar
· Book Clubs new participant
· Lunch Club
· Day trip to a Gulf Island
· Quarterly Board Game Café
· Friday walkers new participant
· Any other event or activity you’d like to suggest or organize?