Victoria Grandmothers for Africa General Meeting August 10, 2021 1:30 – 3:30 The Zoom meeting room will open at 1:10 for a 20-minute social time for anyone wishing to join in early for a chat. The business meeting will start at 1:30.
1. Welcome and Territorial Acknowledgement (Bonnie)
2. Introduction of new members (Bonnie)
3. Approval of minutes of June 12 general meeting
4. Additions to the agenda
5. Coordinator’s Report (Bonnie)
6. Historical Moment – History of the Cycle Tour (Christine and Jocelyn)
7. Treasurer’s Report (Sandra)
8. Membership report (Linda) Endorsement of Elizabeth Sebesta as Co-chair of membership
9. Business Arising from June 12 general meeting • Demonstration of new website – Kim and Johanna Motion – That VG4A move its website to the Wild Apricot platform at an annual cost of $814 on a 1- year plan. The funds will come from our membership fees, and work out to approximately $7 per member annually. • Meeting dates (Bonnie) General meetings are October 16, December 11 (Christmas social) and February 12 from 1:30 – 3:30. These are all Saturdays. 1
0. Working Group Reports – reports were distributed with the agenda. Working group coordinators will give a brief overview and answer questions.
11. Grandmothers Regional Liaison Report (Elizabeth)
12. Breakout Rooms – Share a highlight (or other significant moment) from summer 2021.
13. New Business • Summer Social – Wednesday, August 25 at Willows Beach